Senior Scrum Master to lead our project teams to successfully deliver Agile Development initiatives in the
Greater Toronto Area.
Salary range 90-120K+
Scrum Master Certifications preferably CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) or CSC (Certified Scrum Coach) or CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) or CST (Certified Scrum Trainer).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Information Technology, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of successfully delivering large complex projects and programs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Scrum Master Certifications preferably CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) or CSC (Certified Scrum Coach)
- At least two years’ experience of delivering projects using a true Agile/Scrum methodology
- Results oriented; highly developed consultative, interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in leading and delivering complex projects.
- Strong communication skills with direct communication with senior business and technology executives
- Proven track record of high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to motivate and mentor team members.
- Experience in the Financial Industry, preferably in brokerage or banking
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach.
- Strong business and IT knowledge and experience in the Financial Industry.
- In-depth understanding of delivery methodologies and architectures.
The Scrum Master
The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. Scrum Masters do this by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
Scrum Master Service to the Product Owner
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Understanding and practicing agility; and,
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
Scrum Master Service to the Development Team
The Scrum Master serves the Development Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress;
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
- Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
Scrum Master Service to the Organization
The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team; and,
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.