Data Intelligence Consultant
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, client sites. 75% on the road, 25% work from Home.
Salary 70-80K +, Benefits
We are a data intelligence services provider, headquartered in Toronto and serving all of North America. Specifically focused on helping enterprises gain superior levels of intelligence and visibility from data at scale. We are uniquely positioned to solve the challenges presented by big data initiatives and specialize in the areas of data integration, data platforms, data intelligence and data reporting.
About the Job
We are looking for a data intelligence consultant to join our growing team of skilled individuals. Our consultants work with some of the top companies in the world to solve their most challenging data intelligence related problems; often exposing the ones they didn’t know existed. Our Consultants are self-motivated, great communicators who have a desire to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Successful consultants are willing to travel, are comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds.
We are able to offer a great flexible working environment, a competitive salary, leading training and comprehensive benefits.
You will be successful if you can:
- Work side by side with customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases.
- Apply previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to maximize value.
- Leverage our partner’s product and technical teams to get the right solution implemented.
- Collaborate and listen to our customers; from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders.
- Empower customers to continually improve their deployments and solve the next wave of questions on their own.
- Challenge the status quo, identify process improvements, support and drive change, and confront difficult circumstances in creative ways.
- Demonstrate a passionate interest and understanding of current and emerging big data related technologies.
- Be self-motivated and willing to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow colleagues.
- Stay organized with a healthy sense of urgency. Able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines, despite competing priorities.
- Be a team player – collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources.
- Identify opportunities to generate additional business and help to grow the company.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree or post-secondary diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 2 or more years experience administering Unix/Linux or Windows operating systems.
- 2 or more years broader IT experience in a field such as application development, infrastructure management, or security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you will be frequently presenting to customers of all sizes and writing detailed reports.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information to make decisions and resolve obstacles.
- A willingness to travel within North America up to 70% of the time.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
It would be great if you had:
- 1 or more years experience with Splunk or Hadoop.
- 2 or more years experience in technical systems consulting or big data analytics.
- Working knowledge or recent experience with database and analytical tools.