This role supports investment applications related to portfolio performance measurement, analytics and reporting, risk mgnt and associated data warehouses. Strong math or Quantitative math skills are advantage.
Will work with all capital markets investment classes and products, especially derivative products. Candidate can come from almost any investment / wealth mgnt / funds mgnt or capital markets company. Important this is a passion for the business and a stable employment history,
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position is primarily responsible for providing business systems analysis, development & maintenance support for investment analytical applications. The incumbent will function in a team-oriented context with opportunities for interacting directly with Investment business clients.
The position is a role that defines business specifications for developing solutions & integration, develops test plans, upgrades applications, develops reporting and troubleshoots data issues. The role requires a good understanding of Investment business processes and experience maintaining & supporting investment applications combined with excellent project work skills, including documentation, testing and implementation. The position requires strong analytical skills coupled with investment analytics knowledge (both front & back office) and systems implementation and maintenance experience. It requires strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing investment and technology environments.
This role supports investment performance and risk analytics tools and systems, as well as the data warehouse. Strong knowledge of investment data analytics is required.
- Acquires detailed knowledge of the business uses of the applications and services (in both Investment Front Office and Investment Analytics support context) currently implemented in support of the Investment Division and provides proactive application support to individual users to assist in meeting business program objectives.
- Provides business system analysis support in approved projects with respect to the identification of automation opportunities, assistance in workflow design development and quality assurance related to reporting solutions.
- Assumes responsibilities in project activities including the definition of business requirements, design and implementation of system interfaces, testing, documentation, upgrades of investment applications, data conversions and reconciliations.
- Provides support to users in the development of new reports and in the resolution of reporting and other data issues.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting of issues and consultative support for analytics systems functions and data supplier issues.
- Assumes responsibilities in developing test cases, implementation plans, defining workflow solutions, controls, standards and naming conventions within applications.
- Develops user manuals, application documentation and application training programs.
- Develops effective working relationships with investment management and operations groups, custodian, auditors, systems vendors and others in the industry.
- Works cross-functionally with other Business and Business Applications Analysts within Investment Operations & Applications group as appropriate to facilitate the roll-out and ongoing support of major application additions, enhancements and upgrades for Investment Division users.
- Liases with application vendors, data providers, other Investment application staff, as appropriate to plan for and facilitate the installation and configuration of new or upgraded application systems provided by external parties.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Business/ Systems Analyst with exposure in relevant investment / capital markets systems support and implementation activities.
- Experience in defining, implementing, and supporting investment business solutions.
- Experience in Investment business analysis with good understanding of Data Warehouses, Risk Management, Performance Measurement systems and Investment reporting. Investment applications including trading, portfolio management & analytics tools on various platforms.
- Demonstrated project skills and experience in phases of system development life cycle.
- Experience with developing integration between investment applications and development of data feed interfaces.
- Experience with ODBC report writers such as Crystal, Access etc required, emphasis on SQL Server based products. Experience with SQL queries.
- Good knowledge of MS Office including excel spreadsheets with real time links and access databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to foster effective team dynamics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to facilitate the implementation of application systems to meet business objectives.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in fast-paced, multiple project environments.
- University degree in Computer Science & Mathematics, Commerce & Finance, or equivalent industry-related business experience; completion of Canadian Securities Course an asset.
- Completion or enrolment in CGA, CMA or CFA preferred. Completion of Canadian Securities Course an asset.
Salary: 75 To 85k + up to 20%, flexible