Location – Mississauga, Canada
Salary – 70-85K++
We work with multiple high-profile clients to build boutique .Net applications. We specialize in the design of systems to manage mission critical information, built around existing business processes and information flow.
We are seeking an iOS System Architect / Team Lead / Senior Developer capable of designing and maintaining custom iOS applications. This high energy individual must be able to work with new or legacy code bases and deliver technical solutions achieving business requirements while maintaining the integrity of existing functionality.
The iOS System Architect / Senior Developer is responsible for:
- Participate in the Development process (design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance)
- Provide leadership in all facets of design including functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability
- Analyzing and recommending the most appropriate technical solutions to meet business objectives while maintaining integrity of code base and functionality
- Preparing functional specifications and work packages for developers based on technical design.
- Provide technical leadership and support to developers providing guidance to achieve the technical solution
- Performing hands-on development for particularly challenging code segments
- Ensuring that software is developed with high quality, and that issues raised by QA are addressed
- Assisting Project Management with time estimates and achieving project timelines
- Perform research to investigate technologies as required for projects.
The candidate must have/be:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 10+ years of overall software development; 3+ years of iOS application development. Android or Windows application development experience is a big plus.
- A deep familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text, Core Location, etc.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
- Excellent communication skills with English proficiency both written and verbal.
- Client facing experience working with business leaders in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Good problem solving skills but also not afraid to ask questions.
- Strong understanding of Client/Server application architectures.
- Have good interpersonal skills, including: teamwork, respect,
courtesy, tact and discretion.
- Experience in .NET web application development.
- Solid knowledge of .NET Platform, ASP.NET and C#.
- Strong understanding of relational database design, specifically MS SQL server.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with MS SharePoint, PHP, Java/JSP/Servlets, Classic ASP languages and MySQL, Oracle RDBMS platforms.
- Comfortable with source code management systems such as Git and CVS.
- Experience with Crystal Reports and/or SSRS.
- Experience with SSIS