Reports To: Director, Systems Development
Type: Full Time 80 90K++
Location: Up town, Toronto
We are a dynamic and exciting managed IT services company that is recognized for its sophisticated cloudbased messaging and collaboration solutions for Enterprise clients. For more than a decade, We have helped businesses achieve their IT communication goals through the efficiencies of cloud computing, providing the agility and control typically only found with on-premise solutions. We offer services throughout North America in association with our network of partners including IBM and CompuCom.
You’ll be working beside top professionals in software engineering applying disciplined software development processes. You will also be rubbing shoulders with some of Toronto’s entrepreneurial VC technology community.
- • Working with other Developers and System Architects to design Our Applications
- • Make functionality changes and improvements to Our Applications
- • Fix defects in Our Applications and perform testing when required
- • Take ownership of areas of greatest technical strength and acquire new strengths
- • Share acquired knowledge and information clearly through professional design documentation
- • Appropriately manage time to ensure project goals and deadlines are met
- • Proactively identify areas of system improvement and take steps to implement them.
- • A 4-year degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- • A minimum of 7 years practical experience designing and building complex OO enterprise software
- • The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- • Demonstrated empathy with the end-user experience coupled with excellent customer service skills
- • Proven problem-solving skills
- • The ability to learn new technologies quickly and effortlessly
- • A developing sense for software architecture and design
- • You have practical experience in .Net (C#) development. Additional experience in other languages is a
- • You have detailed understanding of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, and n-tier development
- • You have experience with internet mail systems and technologies, MySQL and MS SQL, and architecting
and administering database systems
- • Proven team player with a commitment to excellence
- • Demonstrates initiative as well as the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
If you appreciate good software engineering when you see it, and strive to contribute to the continuous
improvement of an outstanding organization.