Our client is a leading Canadian bank in downtown Toronto. They have a need for a Sr. Developer with strong Java, messaging and with capital markets industry experience.
Salary 80-100K+ Excellent Benefit
Sr. Java / JMS (messaging) Developer
Capital Markets FIC Technology is looking to hire a Senior Java Developer The candidate should have experience building robust and maintainable Java server side applications. Delivering high-performance stable applications is a key function for this role and the candidate will be able to demonstrate expertise in this area. The job will be reporting to a management team in New York and working closely with a business analyst to design and implement global reference and market data services. Good communication is essential to maintaining a close working relationship between Toronto team, NYC team and an offshore team. This is a hands-on role; software development is an integral part of the skills required.
* Design and implement new business modules
* Enhance existing functionality and frameworks
* Provide application support for existing functionality
* Estimate and plan design / implementation activities
* Provide detailed daily status on deliverables
* Translate requirements into functional specifications and technical design
* Work closely with a geographically distributed team to deliver solutions
* Drive integration efforts with other teams for specific modules
* Co-ordinate application rollout and deployment
Knowledge / Experience:
* 5+ Years experience developing in server side Java applications
* 5+ Years demonstrated delivery of robust applications
* 3+ Years delivering high-performance Java J2EE applications, including Spring, JMS, etc.
* 3+ Years working with databases including strong SQL and data modeling experience
* 3+ Years background in integration technologies such as web services and messaging technologies such as JMS, Solace, TibRv, EMS, MQ, etc
* Working knowledge of unix / linux platforms including environment setup / management and basic shell scripting
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Understanding of fixed income reference data and products is a strong plus
Perm role ideally. May consider contract.
Salary plus bonus, pension, RSP and bank benefits.
Location is Toronto, downtown close to TTC and GO/Union Station.
If you, or perhaps someone you know, is interested in this job, please contact Carlos with a new resume, details of experience, availability and salary expectations. Feel free to pass this email to other who may be interested.