This position manages a number of application support individuals providing core functions within the Back Office Operations application silo. The role is intrinsically Operations application focused, and liaises with a number of horizontal services underpinning Finance, Risk, Functions and e-Commerce (ORF&E) vertical support silos. In particular, the following detailed activities are anticipated:
- In conjunction with horizontal service leads, drive accountable results-based relationships with Operations business customers through regular reporting of customer-visible incident / problem items against availability requirements and service terms; incisive trend reporting for visible incidents with biweekly frequency or (periodically) on a demand basis. Report content will evolve continuously to drive service optimization and identify areas for further review.
- Oversee application support account management functions on behalf of Operations business partner counterparts, including representation of application service requirements in new ‘Change the Bank’ strategic project or enhancement budgets, collaboration with horizontal service leads in promoting grounded, business-driven horizontal strategies and services (new / augmented / revised) to Operations sponsors for approval.
- Oversee application support operational requirements prior to promotion into production environment(s), including application / vendor product production readiness vetting, validation of alerting sufficiency and adherence to architectural standards, schedule management according to defined enterprise standards, failure scenario runbook detailing for precise and efficient dispatch in the event of events and / or incidents, change management validation and approval and sign-off of configuration management testing and rollout in a formal Stage or facsimile environment.
- Oversee steady state functions for Operations functions such as minor platform refreshes, disaster recovery plan currency and testing, application-centric performance and capacity testing, application ownership functions such as access verification and attestation, and currency of operating documentation.
- Serve as a point of escalation for Operations application incidents, driving the Post Incident Review process where the incident is customer visible, or where the incident would otherwise indicate systemic, structural or recurring problem characteristics. Collaborate with Service Delivery managers to ensure crisp, concise, business-centric depiction of service business and technical impact, problem root cause, symptoms and remedial actions, and track remedial actions to completion against committed PIR dates on behalf of Operations customers.
- In conjunction with various incident and alerting service leads, drive registry of reported incidents and alerts from arbitrary sources within the Operations application realm (reviewed daily at operational review meetings), ensuring causal links between these events and visible service impacts to business customers are well understood by service management representatives.
- Participate in rationalization of multiple internal application-centric operating level agreement (OLA) flavours into a minimal set of archetype agreements, based on material support level differences (e.g. hours of operation: 7 x 24, 5½ x 24 and 5 x 8). Extricate supporting vendor product / service terms into standardized, standalone agreements.
Skills / Experience
Must have previous management experience in an application support perspective with a demanding customer base.
- Must have extensive experience with Operations applications (vendor and / or bespoke) in all aspects of the back office transaction chain, in either a development or support capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in brokerage / Capital Markets environment preferred.
- Strong Technical experience/background
- Experience with outsourcing
- ITIL certified or well versed in ITIL
- Would be nice to have experience with a reconciliation application
- Project Management experience
Position salary range of approx. 83,000 to 110,000. excellent benefits, RSP, free banking, pension, stock purchase/matching, bonus +/- 15%
Core ORF&E horizontal services are segmented into Core Internal Services for inward facing application services (such as Incident, Alerting, Infrastructure and Application Performance / Capacity management), Core External Services for publicly facing application services (Service Delivery, Problem, Security Access, Configuration and Document management et al) and Supporting Products, including internally developed frameworks and vendor products underpinning ORF&E applications.