Mississauga, Canada Area (Toronto, Canada Area)
Salary: 100k to 125K Base
General Description and Function The Solution Architect (SA) will provide Cisco Security Solutions presales support to account executives in the assigned region. The SA will work closely with account executives to qualify and close sales opportunities. The SA must combine to excellent sales ability, and consultative skills with a solid understanding of advanced and emerging technologies and networking solutions. This is a presales leadership position accountable for driving network hardware and services revenue in the networking space. The SA will proactively manage an opportunity pipeline in conjunction with sales account executives in the region. It requires the ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailored solutions for clients and prospects. There is also a billable component to the role.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must be knowledgeable of Cisco Security applications, services, hardware, and networking solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sales accounts. Individuals should have 5 years of sales engineer experience , preferably in the information technology market place.
- This position will be performing technical support for sales, solution development and delivery. This position may require travel greater than 25%.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience (8+ years relevant experience); CCIE )Security or Routing and Switching) is desired. (written exam and lab) or other Cisco Secuirty certifications and broader experience in Cisco Borderless Network Architecture solutions;
- Experience in selling solutions into enterprise networks; LAN & WAN and Data Center, Unified Communications, Security, Business Video and Telepresence, network design, configuration, and installation experience a plus; Experience selling Routers/Switches, firewalls, IP/VPN networking, VoIP, wireless architectures and protocols, unified messaging and unified communications.
- Ability to develop complete end-to-end network architectures that encompasses LAN/WAN. Knowledge of security issues and solution development desired; strong verbal, written, presentation and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with various levels of customers and internal personnel for all aspects of the market and products. Must also be a team player and work effectively on tight deadlines.