We are looking for Senior Technical Architects to provide technical leadership to project teams that deliver mid to large size projects. The successful candidate will have proven ability and the desire to mentor and motivate a team of 15 ± people. He/she will be a person who can build synergy within the team and work well with the client on-site.
Location Downtown business core, GTA
Salary 100-120K +
- Provide the overall technology vision and solution for client engagements.
- Define enterprise architecture and IT roadmap based on the client needs and industry trends.
- Lead and perform technical project work on client engagements.
- Review and guide the technical team’s deliverables to ensure overall quality and compliance with the architecture.
- Help build key business and framework components.
- Ensure compliance with business and technical requirements.
- Analyze, document and manage technical requirements.
- Ensure that enterprise architecture standards, policies, and procedures are enforced.
- Produce estimates for software design, development and testing.
- Provide assessments of architectural risk and mitigation strategies.
- Mentorand coach the technical team.
- Assist with proposals and pre-sales.
- Minimum 15 years experience in Information Technology, managing complex projects.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science.
- Strong communications skills.
- Independent work habits.
- Strong business and IT knowledge and experience in fields such as the Financial Industry, Banking, and Trading Systems.
- Experience with major projects of $1+ million.
- A background in custom software development.
- Strong OO Analysis, Design and Development skills.
- Strong J2EE or .Net Experience.
- Strong EAI and Relational Database experience;
- Strong understanding of security, ideal to have CISSP
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture including Zachman framework and TOGAF.
- Knowledge of Software Development methodologies such as RUP and RAD.
- Experience with tools and technologies of benefit, including .NET, PL/SQL, Oracle, Struts, Java, UML, Erwin, Rational Rose, and Data Warehousing.