The primary purpose of this role is to provide senior level technology expertise in developing high availability real-time distributed FX trading systems.
The candidate will display excellent organizational, motivational, and technical ability aligned to sustained experience within a high-performance technology environment. This will require knowledge of multithreaded Java development, messaging systems, and ability to integrate these with external systems. Knowledge of the FX market is desirable.
The candidate will work effectively as part of a global team to design and implement real time solutions. Strong communication, teamwork skills, and some familiarity with agile development methods are required. The candidate should be capable, if required, to lead a team of 4-5 developers.
- Contribute to the overall design and development of the real-time solutions for FX Pricing, Trading or Risk Management.
- Work closely with business sponsors to understand their requirements and architect, design and execute technical solutions.
- Work with other team members to ensure that tactical and strategic solutions dovetail.
- Provide guidance and mentoring for new team members as necessary.
- Identify business, technology and people risks associated with a solution
- Assist with 2nd line support as necessary.
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK
- Advises on key design and implementation decisions within FX Pricing, Trading and Risk Technology.
- Supports and mentors more junior team members.
- Position reports to FX IT Management
- Functional management of local / global development teams
- Partner with appropriate leads from the front office.
- Located in Toronto, minimal travel required
- High pressure, fast paced and demading enviroment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities effectively.
- Effectively function within a highly matrixed, global team (London, New York, Toronto)
- Flexibilty to quickly adjust to changes in a dynamic enviroment
- Outstanding communication skills to efficiently share information with colleagues under time pressure
EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience designing, implementing and delivering complex globally distributed high availability real-time trading systems.
- Experience effectively applying technology best practices and processes to a high-paced Capital Markets organization
- Strong understanding of ECN’s (Reuters, EBS, Lava, Hotspot, …)
- QA Automated testing and process
- Experience with ‘Agile’ style development methods
- Significant industrial experience dedicated to FX front office technology (pricing, risk, liquidity aggregation, high frequency trading, ecommerce, etc)
- Experience working with quantitative analysts and developers, traders and risk management
- Ability to meet client needs without sacrificing deadlines and quality
- Ability to break problems into well-defined and manageable tasks
- Ability to work effectively within global team
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to liaise with traders, middle office, and IT
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to cope with changing priorities
- Takes accountability for own work
- Aligns immediate needs with long-term strategies
- Abides by the RBCCM Code of Conduct
- Significant experience developing, maintaining, and deploying high-performance, low-latency applications.
- Design abilities, which will involve building designing and deploying managed and unmanaged solutions.
- Multithreaded skills & use of current Java frameworks
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Informatica Ultra-Messaging, Tibco/RV, and IBM MQSeries and how to integrate them
- Must have low latency development experience with Java.
Java / Core / J2SE
Low latency development
Must have securities/cap markets trading, risk or FX applications
Max salary $115k base